As BDB continues to grow rapidly in the US, we are looking to add to our Business Development team.
We are looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial mindset and results-oriented Business Development Director to support the growth of our US business, which has offices in New York and New Orleans. This role will be based in Los Angeles or surrounding areas.
This role will be responsible for driving new business for our agency offering and tech platform, Companion, while maintaining a high level of service. They will report directly to our US Head of Business Development with a dotted line to the US President.
What your day to day will look like:
- Create and cultivate new client leads and convert them into business opportunities for both agency and tech
- Manage ongoing client relationships, working alongside BDB’s Account Management team, to drive and build repeat business within existing accounts
- Work in close partnership with US Business Development team lead and BDB’s US President, in addition to regular contact with the Sales Team in the London office, to deliver on business objectives and drive cohesive strategies
- Maintain and manage new client partnerships, with a focus on fostering strong relationships and acquiring future business
- Serve as the key liaison between clients and our internal teams (Creative Strategy, Account Management, Finance, etc.) throughout the sales process
- Maintain a high level of performance at all times
- Provide excellent client service and superior communication
- Oversee individual sales and new business performance, including reporting on:
- Weekly reporting on client relationships, opportunities, plans and meetings
- Monthly reporting on sales plan targets and KPI’s
- Quarterly Business Development Forecasting (Leads, Opportunities, Price, Gross Margin)
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- 5+ years of direct experience in a strategic level sales and/or business development role
- Have contacts and knowledge in fashion, beauty, lifestyle, automotive, food & beverage and tech industries
- Demonstrated success in producing results against company-wide objectives and targets
- Experience selling to heads of marketing, social media, communications, public relations, etc
- Familiarity with Sales CRM (SalesForce, etc)
- Thrive in a fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment
- Self starter with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to understand our clients’ unique needs, build trust, and establish rapport
- Travel as necessary for clients meetings, industry events and networking opportunities (estimated 3-4 times a year)
- Understanding of marketing landscape, particularly on digital and social platforms, a plus
About Billion Dollar Boy
Billion Dollar Boy (BDB) is the global creative agency for the influencer age, with offices in London, New York and New Orleans. BDB harnesses the exceptional creativity of global content creators and connects them with the world’s most creative brands to deliver first-class influencer marketing campaigns. We were founded to specialize in influencer marketing, we view it as a discipline, not an add-on.
We are a Financial Times 1000 Fastest Growing Company & AdWeek Fastest Growing Agency, and in 2021 BDB campaigns won Webby Awards, Influencer Marketing Awards and Shorty Awards. Our clients include PepsiCo, L'Oreal, Shiseido Group, Heineken, P&G and Campari Group. Working with vastly different brands and their audiences keeps us smart, nimble and (dare we say it) ahead of the competition.
Since 2014 we have ensured that creative excellence is our company’s north star - empowering social media and changing the global ad business as we know it.
Billion Dollar Boy is a hyper-caffeinated transatlantic creative agency with 100+ employees and counting in London, New York and New Orleans. We are actively creating campaigns across 7 continents with top brands spanning categories of beauty, fashion, lifestyle, consumer goods, food and beverage and automotive. We are harnessing the power of influencers to win hearts, catch eyes and reinvent advertising as we know it.
We encourage employees to be open and confident and appreciate that every member of the team makes a vital difference. Outside working hours we enjoy regular socials, team lunches and team building.
- Collaboration is key
- Creative to the core
- Quality at scale
- Integrity & Inclusion is everything